Saturday 10 January 2009

Clickety

What I don't understand is, why do female agents wear high heels when they know that most probably they will have to chase some perpetrator into a dark, deserted car park. First of all, it's very risky to run in high heels: you might very easily twist your ankle. Second of all, it makes a lot of noise, and you want to be quiet and not catch the perpetrator's attention before your own agent Mulder gets there. Third of all, you might inadvertently step onto some alien body fluid that will corrode your newly-bought suede court shoes into a state of complete hole-ness. Maybe this is something they should bring up in the Federal Agent High School.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's is an important point! If you mean agent Scully, I think she has a feeling she's in TV and that's why wants to be so sexy as possible. I don't know, but such an own Mulder would be nice to have, don't you think?!

Jenny said...

Yes, I grant that being on tv might have something to do with it... Also, as my sister pointed out, there's not as much perpetrator-chasing in an agent's life as one might think. (And a Mulder of my own would always be welcome ;)

Henriikka said...

Oh, but this is close to a subject that I've been admiring for years with a friend (we have no life).. Have you noticed how smoothly Scully runs with those high heels? I can't even walk straight with that kind of shoes! She must've been born with them.

Alien body fluid, that's one of my favourite scenes! Scully pays no attention to what she might step on (alien body fluid isn't that invisible). As Rauno pointed out, Scully probably steps on dog shit quite often..

Oh, and when you find out where one might purchase one's own agent Mulder, please let me know too! :D

scaredy-cat said...

Hee hee.
I'm glad I'm no agent, as I've just seen a pair of red heels I MUST get for spring.

Still not getting the attraction everyone else seems to feel to Mulder, though.