Monday 1 December 2008

Scheduling conflicts

I hate making time-tables. Normally I'm very good at organizing and keeping track of things, but when it comes to arranging courses my systematic skills come tumbling down. I might have ideas as to what would be interesting, suitable, or compulsory, but when I should jot down the course codes and write my name on the right lists, I forget everything. And if, by any chance, I should remember, then all the courses I thought I would take are concurrent (next term Monday from 10 to 12 seems to be the only appropriate time for any course, regardless of section, or indeed, faculty).

I withhold the right to not graduate within the designated time.

4 comments:

scaredy-cat said...

Tell me about it! Also, I wonder when I'm supposed to do all the writing for all the courses...

scaredy-cat said...

...and I thought last year was tough!

Jenny said...

Everything seems easier in retrospect... Even Finnish Institutions, I suppose! "The worst is yet to come."

Henriikka said...

I wonder what Kate meant by saying that the first year is the toughest..

And yes, I agree on the scheduling. Already this term all the courses were concurrent. I'm scared to plan the spring!