Friday 25 April 2008

Getting started

I argued with myself, trying to decide on which language to choose: my native Finnish, or English, the subject of my studies. They say we can only express ourselves fully in our mother tongue (I sign that), but for someone who is desperately trying to reach a near-native level in English, practice does no harm.

So, for the moment it's going to be English. (Who says I have to be consistent, anyway?)

I'm eagerly waiting for pennies from heaven to buy my own digital camera, because I do think pictures enliven the text delightfully. Until that windfall, however, I will have to settle for writing in as descriptive language as I can - we all need goals, don't we?

I was never a diary-person, really, but I like writing down little things for my own amusement. It makes me good-humoured, even when I have to write something irritating and contrary: if I try to make unpleasant things sound amusing, they stop bothering me (at least most of the time). Very useful :)

No comments: